Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Recycled Christmas Tree Branches into a Swag

I recycled some old Christmas tree branches  that I had, to make this swag to hang on the light on my porch.

 Don't tell yourself that you can't do it too... just give it a try and enjoy the process.

My friend, Jane, asked me to share how I made it... so these directions are both for Jane and for YOU!










   
First, choose the smallest branch and a medium size Christmas branch.
Place the two branches on top of each other and wire together. I used floral wrapped wire because I find it easier to work with. Make a wire loop for the hanger and attach to back.

Add colorful holiday picks.  Notice how they are lined up in an up and down diagonal fashion.
Tie two very large ornaments together using ribbon.



Tie the ornaments to the top of the largest branch. It isn't the center, but probably the end of the top 1/3 of the swag. Make one ornament lower than the other ornament. This adds more interest...I think...

  Tie a bow and attach by wire to hide all the previous wired in objects.   I think you could attach more decorations, but I was using what I already had here at home in a new way.

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...