Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Upholstering My Dining Room Chairs

Well I'm back from a 3 day upholstery class in Minnesota at the Blue Skies Gallery.
 I thought I would share the results with you.
 First, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be... I started with this cane back chair that I disliked. 

I worked for 2 days on my chair adding the fabric inserts and new support structure.
 On the 3rd day, I told my instructor that I really disliked my chair and I was going to tear it all apart.
 "So what can we do to make you happy with your chair?" he asked. 

Yeap, we cut off the top of that chair and added a nailer strip to the back of the chair so I could add fabric there too. 
 Here is my finished chair. Both the front and back of the chair are covered with my new taupe herringbone fabric. I'm one happy girl!!!!
 My six chairs are far from completion, but I'm on my way and plan to have it finished for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. 
Smiles,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...