Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Enhance Ready-Made Clothing with Your Sewing Skills

I love to use my sewing skills to enhance clothing
 that I purchase at a retail outlet.

For example, I bought this scarf at Justice, 
but it didn't have the fushia pink color 
in the thread pompoms that hung from the edge of the scarf.
So I made a few thread pompoms with embroidery thread and replaced a few colors that were all ready on the scarf.

It made all the difference in the finished outfit.

Look at how the Polartec fleece skirt topper, that I made to go over a pair of Justice leggings, now pulls the whole outfit together.

Smiles,
Deborah

P.S.  Here is an internet source for the Polartec skirt topper fabric: http://www.millyardage.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=7614

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...