Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Skirting the Issue For Both Work and Play

When sewers all over the USA work together to provide skirts for girls in foster care, they can make a difference.
A month long event, called Skirting The Issue, organizes sewers and invites them to sew along with  the blogs "Simple Simon" and "Project Run and Play" and make skirts (and quilts)  to donate to local Foster Care centers for girls to receive just in time for back to school.
  This year I'm participating again and I created two skirts for a little girl that I don't know, 
but who I know is special. 
The first skirt is to nourish her creative spirit and imagination.  Swirls of tulle- white, pink, lavender, and glitter delight the wearer.
"I'm a ballerina."

"Let's show them how fluffy it is!"




The second skirt is perfect for that first day of school.
It's made out of a comfortable knit.

I used Burda Pattern 9492, which features pockets, a flat waistband in the front, with an elastic waistband in the back.  It took me about 2- 3 hours to make.  


Think about joining in the fun, and make a skirt for a foster child in your area.

Here's the skirt that I made last year for Skirting the Issue. I made a tutorial for the skirt too.

Smiles,
Deborah
P.S.  Check out my remodeled sewing room that I just finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...