Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Recycled Men Shirt Ideas

I love to repurpose men's dress shirts.

I really enjoy using the various parts of the shirts in new ways. So I thought I would post about those different ways that I've used 
specific parts of a mans shirt- starting with the collar. 

COLLAR

APPLICATION: Finish the Neck Edge.                                I decreased the width of the collar before attaching it to the front bodice neckline only. The collar ends are sewn into the shoulder seams.





APPLICATION: Decoration

 I used two shirts and the decorative triangles are made from the tips of the two shirt collars that I used in this design. Notice how I used a larger button than normal to highlight the collar points.
APPLICATION: Shoulder Strap
I cut the collar into two equal parts and then attached it both by stitching it down and sewing the buttons on through all layers.




APPLICATION: Divider between the bodice top and skirt. Notice that the waistline tie emerges from the seam near the sewn on collar stand.




Next I will show you different ways to use the cuff.... see you then.

Smiles, 
Deborah















1 comment:

  1. That was inventive. Just cutting up son's old shirts today. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...