Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Built-in Bookcase/Windowseat: Cushion, Part 8

After visiting multiple different fabric stores, both in person and online, I finally chose this fabric for the windowseat cushion.


You see circles, but I see STRIPES. Stripes need to be matched, just like these circles need to be matched, so that will influence how I lay-out my fabric when cutting it out.

My windowseat is quite wide, so the circle stripes will run from the front of the seat to the back of the seat.




 I want the top and bottom to match.

 I  know you can't see them both at one time, but what if I get a terrible stain on the top?  I think the seat is symmetrical enough that I will be able to flip the cushion.

I also want the 3 inch strip between the top and bottom to match too. I have to admit that I have a "thing" about unmatched prints...it drives me crazy!

 SO when I laid out the fabric, I considered where the finished seam would end, so I could line up the circle stripes.
 Here goes.... I cut the fabric pieces one piece at a time. You can see from this photo that I used the first top section, flipped over right side to right side, to serve as the pattern for the bottom section. Now I know that they will match perfectly.
 
In the next post, I will show you how I made the covered piping.

  Hint: My husband always says,
 "The right tool for the job makes a HUGE difference in the finished product." 

Smiles,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...