Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Curtains: Applying Fabric Piping

 
 
Using Butterick Pattern 5582 
 
I made these reversible valance toppers for my laundry room.
Overall the pattern was quite easy.
 I increased the difficulty when I added the trim and the bias binding to the edges of the curtain. 
 Have you ever had difficulty when joining the two ends of the bias tape cording?

Here is how I learned how to do it. Start sewing the binding one inch from the end. Stop sewing with two inches left before the two ends meet.



 







Pull the cord out of the beginning binding and cut off cording only.

Remove some of the stitches so you have access to the bias tape end.

 Fold under the ends of the beginning binding, and slip the end cording inside the binding so the two thicknesses of cording touch.
 TO check the finished product, repin the cording as shown. Sew.
 

I love the detail that the cording adds to the finished valance!
 
 
 
Deborah
 
Linky Parties:

We Did It Wednesday-- http://www.sew-much-ado.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...